Smog Laws On Engine Swaps

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bic_David
  • Start date Start date
B

Bic_David

Guest
I live in california. Can anyone tell me how to find out what the laws are concerning engine swaps. I have a 302 and would like to replace it.
Please don't tell me to sell it and buy one with the motor I want lol.
I just need to know the ruling or who to contact.
 
I'm not sure how it works in CA i kno there are realy strict out there, but in CT you can swap an engine out 4 any thing aslong as it complies to the tightest emmisions standard. for example: a friend of mine wanted to put a 5.0 in his ranger but he had to make sure the 5.0 could meet the same emmisions standards as the stock 2.0L

im not sure if that helps any but it seems that its pretty logical. but your best bet is to contact your local DMV branch and ask.
 
IIRC, so long as the engine is of the same year, or newer as the vehicle, and as long as the engine was offered as an option, then it's a legal swap
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top