A guy at the parts place and I were talking about that. It comes up every time I buy parts and people say something about the 6. We got to talking about it, and he said pretty much the same thing as said here. It's the pulling power that makes the difference. The inline 6 is just a better towing setup than a lot of the v8s. Especially when you're talking about the 300 vs 302.Justshootme84 said:I agree with the previous poster, and will say the Bronco 6cyl is no slouch. My friend's 85 will pull a 15,000 lb. trailer thru the mud all day long. Driving skill is 90% of it, as stated.
I generally run somewhere between 15-18 mpg. Last check was 16, but that is with an odometer that's about 12-15% slow, so I'm probably in the 17-18 range.Seabronc said:Not having one myself, I have a question about I6's for you I6 owners. How doe they do on gas milage? It seems like two less cylinders and 1 br. carb would yield an improvement unless the gearing makes it scream at highway speeds.
>-
Guest_cjbronco_* said:As far as the guest is concerned, Its possible. I hate when people dont really know they are talkin about. I mean, though its not the same spec design, but a porsche and bmw have straight six's do they not? Hummm now lets think about this one for a sec. With the right internals why cant it run a 12 sec quarter. BTW go to fordsix.com forums and go to the big block six and look for a guy by the name a frenchtown flyer. He'll help you in the misconception that you have about the ford 300! b-(
[snapback]15482[/snapback]