Simple Things...

  • Thread starter Thread starter BigNasty
  • Start date Start date
B

BigNasty

Guest
that make or break your day....

For me, it was being at the speed shop, looking at my new 30 over pistons... then smacking my head cause they were supposed to be 40 overs....

On the up side, my connecting rods arrived today and my crank was polished up nicely :)

On the down side.. they didn't get the rings, bearings or reod bolts in yet...

On the up side, they can swap the pistons for the correct size tommorrow :)
 
My oil pump shaft fell out while I was adjusting my distributor. This was right after I had the whole block machined and rebuilt. The engine started , but I was so excited the it was actually running that I did not pay attention to the Oil pressure gauge and I did not hear the shaft fall into the oil pan while adjusting the timing. I proceeded to do the cam break in...WITH NO OIL PRESSURE. After about 10 minutes it started running funny and the guy that was helping me was like "TURN IT OFF" He had walked over to the drivers side prior to saying that and noticed the oil pressure gauge. Of course, I had to go back and replace ALL of the bearings and make sure the cylinders were still nice and smooth and not scored. Needless to say I am going to be paying attention to that O.P. gauge from now on and I am never taking the distributor out again!!!
 
I go out to start my day with my bronx... turn the key...and hear a "POP".
Realize that my terminals are shot, replace them, get on the road, get run of the road by a semi, hit a monster hole.
Then I hear what sounds like a miss, take er home, lift her up, and realize my exhaust guy, er former exhaust guy, used J-Hawkers that snapped, and all of his welds snapped from the hit because he didn't get them hot enough. That would be 13 welds. Then, my wife asks me if something is wrong...this being the woman that despises the words money and bronco being used in the same sentence. What a day...this coupled with my pnemonia...NOW GIVE ME MY CHEESE AND CRACKERS WITH MY WHINE! :((
 
Sorry to hear than man.. I get the opposite.. My other half demands to ride in my bronx atleast once a day.. so when it isn't moving she insists that I get my ass in gear and get it running so we can go play.. plus she likes to play in the mud with it...then lucky ole me gets to do the mud walk (highstep mud trudge with the winch cable and towstrap in hand) while ofcourse she laughs cause the moment i get it out... she goes and gets it stuck again..on purpose.. I think its payback for some of the arguments we have.. :))
 
I have my 84 Bronco, and a 98 Z-71 for work. The Z has needed a new tranny, exhaust gaskets, intake gasket, alternator, starter, ball joints, and speed sensor in the last month. The Bronco just purrs along, happy as a Cheshire cat... :D
 
Yeah, it is amazing how much crow I get to eat...really starting to develop a taste for it :P ! Everyone was so geeked when I was putting the 460 in my Bronx, wishing they could do the same, now that she is having the problems (any truck will have to work out its problems on such a big project...right) everyone is saying, "Yeah, we told you those Broncos weren't meant to have the 460!" YOU KNOW WHAT I SAY TO THEM!!!??? TWO WORDS...use your imagination....huff, huff, huff...I think I need councelling . lol :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :(( :lol:
 
I almost lost the bronco when working on it once. me and pops were replacing fornt calipers and rotating the tires. get front and rear tires off and put the front end on jack stands. put the rear tires on and then dad gets anxious and lets the back end down. truck was in neutral with parking brake off. :o the jackstands slid along the frame rails a solid 6" before the truck stopped rolling. i ran inside the truck as fast as i could and set the parking break. both jack stands were leaning and we spent the better part of a hour carefully jacking the truck up an repositioning the jack stands. if it went a little faster, it would have plopped right down on the front disc brakes and done some serious damage.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top