Selective Cylinders?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dead to the Ties
  • Start date Start date
D

Dead to the Ties

Guest
>:) My trucks cylinders are ramdomly dying one at a time. This started about three years ago, when I was not so pleasntly toteling along and pop, there went a cylinder (I think). Well anywho, how do I fix this?>:)


BTW;

Please either E-mail ([email protected]) or reply.

Thanks!!
 
What do you mean? A "dead" cylinder usually means an ignition failure in the combustion chamber. Check for spark from your plugs first. If there is no spark, it's probably time for a tune-up (new spark plugs, plug wires, distributor cap, distributor rotor). An actual "dead" cylinder is when the spark plug is fouled by oil blowing through the piston rings or through a hole in the top of the piston. Run a compression check on each cylinder. If there is little to no compression, it's time to rebuild the engine.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top