Seat Belts

  • Thread starter Thread starter Toby the Dancing Bronco
  • Start date Start date
T

Toby the Dancing Bronco

Guest
I put some RX-7 seats in my 74, and lifted the shoulder belts at the same time. I installed the hanger on the bolt in the roll bar and adjusted the initera stopper thing so it would keep me from breaking the steering wheel with my ribs in a reliable manner. The problem is, the web/strap is wearing out at the point where the male part engages the female part of the buckle. What could be causing the fraying of the web like this? The belt is a little high crossing my chest and tends to ride up on my neck. Could it be the angle or height of the shoulder hanger? The angle of the buckle at the seat? That I just need a full cage and a 5-point system? Suggestions?
 
To me it just sounds like the belts are worn out, are they the originals? I would suggest some quality racing harnesses, they are not that expensive and well worth the trouble to install. I will move this post to the EB forum, maybe you'll get more responses there, Randy
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top