SAS Conversion

OFFroad F-150

New Member
Hey guys,
I have a 1996 F-150 and i have begun the process of doing an SAS. The point im at is my D44 is together and ready to be mounted. I got the stock 79 radius arms with degreed bushings. Im putting 4 in lift coils on it with warn hubs and axle shafts and 35in tires (i also have a 3in Body). I havent tried to mount the axle yet because there is still a few things i have not yet figured out. Can i use the stock steering? I took one of the tie rods ends off the tie rod and it seemed to mount to the knuckle fine. But ive heard from other people that the stock steering wont work. Ive already spent a bunch of money and dont wanna spend much more. Also, how do you mount the track bar. I have an adjustable track bar from superlift. i know where the bar mounts to the axle but i dont know where to mount it to the frame. I also dont know where to buy the mount that i would need for this. The track bar i think is the most confusing for me. Last, when bolting on the radius arm brackets, how do you know exactly where to mount them? I know that this has to be pretty perfect or everything will not work properly. So thats basically where im at. I want to get everything all figured out before i set out to mount the axle. This has been something i have always wanted to attempt and i wanna get it perfect. I have access to many tools if needed. Any advice, parts list of everything you bought, or the answeres to my previous questions would help me out alot.
Thanks,
Will

My Truck: http://www.ford-trucks.com/user_gallery/di...4&albumid=17108
 
Visit www.fullsizebronco.com and look at their SAS forum. Should answer your questions, as the track bar mount is the killer but can be fabricated.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top