rust n body repair cost/savings

smittyiniraq

New Member
I just got my 78 F150 this weekend!! Yea!! Now that I have examined it I have found some minor rust and dings (see pics). I want to get the truck repainted. Since these repairs are so minor is the cost savings really that much to do the rust/body repairs yourself or should I just bite the bullet and leave it to the pros? And is the saving any better if I remove all of the trim, molding, grill, etc myself before taking it to the paint/body shop?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1369.JPG
    IMG_1369.JPG
    155.9 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_1386.JPG
    IMG_1386.JPG
    212.6 KB · Views: 68
If you've never done it before, leave it to the pros. When I get mine done, I'm letting someone else do it. Try to go all metal, I think its the best way. I'm sure it will be a little cheaper to remove everything you can it will be less work for them.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top