Rough Idle On 93 W/351

  • Thread starter Thread starter Capt Buck
  • Start date Start date
C

Capt Buck

Guest
Still having problems with a couple cylinders not firing all the time at idle, resulting in a miss. It idles Ok on startup then when it goes to normal idle, the missng starts. It all started after we did a full monty tuneup including fuel injector service, new plugs and wires, cleaned the TB,changed the fuel filter,etc. I installed a MSD TBF ciol and am waiting for a set of 8.5mm wires to try that. The truck runs like a bear under accelaration and at high speed. Any ideas? Also as a side note: I can buy a complete set of 24lb injectors for our Mustang for $225, but injectors for the 351 are $50.00 a piece, does this sound right?
 
Sometimes you need to disconnect the battery to reset the ECM or computer. Aside from that, did you clean/replace the IAC valve? And I don't know what the prices are on the injectors, but that does sound high at $50/each!
 
Yes, I did an adaptive relearn by depowering after cleaning the IAC. It's not like the idle thing is really affecting the way the truck acts, but it's staring to bug us that it idles worse after the tuneup.
 
You change the cap and roter also? .. when you replaced the wires are you sure you put then in the right order almost soundslike you have acouple of them mixed up and going to the wrong spark plug. I would double check that.
 
Yup, changed the cap and checked the wires about 657 times. My mechanic also had the truck for two days and did everything over just to make sure. The truck does run better overall and the fuel milage got better and it pulls our 20 ft boat like nothing now, just idles like crap.
 
Did you check your O2 sensor somtimes when those are screwed up they can make your truck run like a pile to.
Saint351
 
Good call Saint, that's one thing we didn't do. I'll give it a go.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top