roll bar

dirtbikekid1090

New Member
I have all the stuff I knead to make a roll bar for my truck but how thick dose the tubing have to be and dose any one have any suggestions for me I dont have a pipe bender but I have a big band saw and a chop saw
 
Where do you live? I have one that I modified to fit a shortbed F150. I dont think I am going to mount it on my truck. I would be interested in selling. Just email me:

[email protected] Title it "Rollbar" so I dont delete it.
 
dirtbikekid1090 said:
I have all the stuff I knead to make a roll bar for my truck but how thick dose the tubing have to be and dose any one have any suggestions for me I dont have a pipe bender but I have a big band saw and a chop saw
[snapback]16812[/snapback]​

It's up to you on the size and thickness, depends on whether you want it inside the cab or in the bed. I would look at 2" OD x 0.120 thick for starters. You can rent a tubing bender for the main hoop, or look at buying a pre-bent kit. I have a 10-point rollcage from S&W Racecars, they also offer an 8-pt kit for inside the cab. Something mounted only inside the bed with kickers to the fenders is classed as a "show bar" only, and not meant for rollover protection. You should connect the tubing to the frame somehow for true support. JSM84
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top