Rocker/quarter Panel Replacement

  • Thread starter Thread starter 68fastback
  • Start date Start date
6

68fastback

Guest
My 80 Bronco (had it now 20 years) is in dire need of driver's side rocker and quarter panel. Has anyon e used the rocker from Bronco Graveyard with the door posts? I figured I'd replace the rocker, then tackle the quarterpanel. Is there anything special about the seam where the quarter joins the top? Any tips, or pics would be greatly appreciated.
 
I would trust Bronco Graveyard. They have been around a long time and I have never heard a complaint. Just make sure you have enough overlap to make a good joint.

there are some good books you can find at a good auto parts supply like AutoZone that cover the subject of body work. It wouldn't hurt to get one as part of your investment. Body work can be fun and very satisfying. I would suggest that you also take up the rugs and check out the condition of the entire deck. some things can be fixed with plain sheet metal , a little shaping or replacement panels.

I have some of my pictures while doing body work on my 83 Bronc at the Super Ford site, link below.

http://www.supermotors.org/registry/vehicl...tail.php?id=212
 
68FB, I would say yes to your ? That seam is one of the first ones to crack if you remove the factory hardtop, so weld it and weld it good. Also check the rain gutters at the back of the cab for gaping cracks. I think you are doing things the right way by replacing the panels rather than trying to cover rust. But like stated, check the floor pan area too, looking carefully for any rust or cracks. The driver's-side inner seat mount is the weakest one of all, so the rear outer one will be the first to crack the floor. I had to fab some brackets and weld the 12" crack on my 84 Bronco, and the seat is still loose. The PRP seats and custom mounts will take care of that problem in my case.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top