Right size lift and wheels for 36x14.50 tires?

Biscuit1990

New Member
What size lift and wheels would I need for 36in tires, and would I need spacers for them? Just bought a 1992 F-150 with a 351 Windsor in it and trying to turn it into an offroad mud/play toy.
 
Needing spacers would depend on what Back spacing your rim is. Note: Using spacers makes the weight of the axle ride differently and could wear out you wheel bearings quicker (I personally have been warned of this). Note #2: I've seen tons of people run wheels with spacers with no problem.

I don't know much about lifts but here is what I know for a fact, You will need at least a 3" lift to fit those tires. Most people running that size of tire have a 4-6" lift.

Body v.s. Suspension lift? Again I'm no expert but I would use only a suspension lift kit. You will need longer front and rear drive shafts after you a suspension lift over 3".

Hope this helps.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top