78 F100 Custom
New Member
Got it running. Runs smooth as silk on a level surface, but going up a slight incline, bucks like a wild horse, or a barn sour horse. Turn her around and going downhill, runs smoothly. Now this all started when I tromped on it to get out of a sticky situation. Changed gas types, regular unleaded to super unleaded, new fuel filter, and adjusted the float in the carb. None of these changes has made a difference. Wondering if it is the fuel sending unit in the tank...
300 cid / 4.9L engine
Stock 1 Barrel Carter/Weber carb.
New fuel pump
New Fram G3596 fuel filter
Truck had been sitting for an unknown amount of time when she was given to me. Dirt in fuel line is another possiblility, I don't know.
Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated!
Thanks, Jon
300 cid / 4.9L engine
Stock 1 Barrel Carter/Weber carb.
New fuel pump
New Fram G3596 fuel filter
Truck had been sitting for an unknown amount of time when she was given to me. Dirt in fuel line is another possiblility, I don't know.
Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated!
Thanks, Jon