Revisions And Updates - Front End

  • Thread starter Thread starter OzFord
  • Start date Start date
O

OzFord

Guest
I am needing to purchase a Bronco, having just driven a Friends 86. When the 80's Bronco was introduced to Australia there was an issue with the left side front tyre wear. I think it was fixed when the dual shock version arrived with different geometry. Can anyone confirm or deny this? Also is there a lemon in the model range or are they all good?
 
Welcome to Bronco Zone, and be sure to post some info in the "Introductions" forum on your Bronco if you find one. The Twin Traction Beam (TTB) front axle in all 80-96 Broncos does have a tendency for tire wear if the alignment is not kept proper, more so than a straight axle or IFS. A common problem is worn radius arm bushings, which control the front axle beams. The 80/81 Broncos have some frame strength issue in the rear. I know a couple of blokes in OZ with Broncs, and they are the ultimate 4WD. IF you have the chance to get one, I say buy it!!!
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top