Replacing Muffler - Need Pipe Advice

  • Thread starter Thread starter Whonea
  • Start date Start date
W

Whonea

Guest
I still have my stock muffler on my '90, and boy howdy that sucker is on its last legs.

Right now I'm thinking about ordering a Flowmaster American Thunder catback system, which mounts in with no problems or welding or bending whatsoever. HOWEVER, I really want a 40 series muffler, and that system comes with a 50 series.

Trouble is, if I mounted a 40-series muffler (which is pretty cheap on its own) under there, the measurements are all screwed up and I'd have to bend my own pipe. I've never done this before, nor have I seen it done.

So I guess my question is this: How hard would it be to bend the pipe myself, and what is involved?
 
Get the 40 series. I had a forty series on my 92 5.8L & it sounded great! The pre cats on the truck make anything less really quiet. Make sure you use 3" pipe. I have a Magnaflow on my 93 5.8L & its a bit quieter than the Flowmaster. As for bending your own pipe........... I'd leave that to a muffler shop. Unless you have equipment at your disposal that can do that type of job. Goodluck! ;)
 
I'm running duals on mine w/ 40 series flows. I have no complaints and they sound great. Go to the flowmaster website and check out the specs.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top