Removing The Automatic Hubs On A 96 Bronco

  • Thread starter Thread starter andersson
  • Start date Start date
A

andersson

Guest
Okay i snaped off a wheel stud on my Bronco, so i need to replace it. I went to go remove the hubs, brought out the Dana 44 hub socket and it didnt fit. So what tool do i need to remove the hubs so I can replace the wheel stud. If you have a ford part # that would be great, thanks for the help.
 
its called a torx bit. I'm not sure what size it is, but you could probably go to Auto Zone and they could help you out.
 
LOL, im not talking about the covers, im talking about the spanner nuts on the hub, I have a dana 44 spanner socket for this, the thing is that it doesnt fit. Ive done alot of work on my other 81' bronco but it has factory manual hubs. I would just use a punch and hammer to get em off but i need to reuse them, and have to reinstall them too, so i dont want to go that route.
 
oh ok I see what your saying. When I replaced my hubs, I just used a flat head screw driver and a hammer for that. you just have to be careful and go slowly.
 
the reason I used the screwdriver and the hammer is because i heard that a spanner socket has the potential of f#@king S*&T up.
 
If you have an oriellys handy ,they loan a complete hub socket set. You gotta give up the purchase price, but on return sans dirt and grease you get a complete refund. use a credit card no harm no foul.
clap.gif
clap.gif
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top