Rear Window

bluesman17

New Member
My rear window has started to get hung up when going up and a little when going down it seems to be about 3/4 the way up and will squeal while fighting to get past that spot. Do I not have the cap lined up right ( I took it off probably like 10 times this summer) or has the track become messed up somehow? Any thoughts?
 
Two things I would suggest.. I've had similar problems with mine over the past.

(1 easiest) get some thick tire silicone (black magic or some ture shine with heavy silicone) at auto zone or a similar store and coat the seal on the top where the window goes in.. alot of times that rubber seal becomes really dry, or gunky and has a tendance to snag or slow a window.

(2nd) try removing the panel on the inside of the tailgate you should have a clear view of the track... if its carpeted, pull the carpet the panel will be behind it.. Get some good grease and lube that bad boy up.

Those two together should set that window free, if not you could be looking at a motor replacement.. but that doesn't sound like the case...also, it doesn't sound like the track is messed up.. usually when that happens I've noticed that the glass will tilt or not go up at all..etc.. try the two I suggested.. they should work fine. :)>-
 
Same thing happened to me..its the weatherstripping
on mine the weatherstripping on the top that seals the tailgate and the sides of the top is prolly in the way...try to reposition the top to where the weatherstrip is not in the way when it tries to go up..at least it worked for me
 
My problem was the pins that hold the rollers were breaking off. If the weather stripping doesn't work try getting a Regulator Roller Kit. Much cheaper than the regulator that I bought.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top