Rear Windoow Problems

  • Thread starter Thread starter 86owner
  • Start date Start date
8

86owner

Guest
WHEN I BOUGHT THE BRONCO I WAS TOLD THE MOTOR WAS OUT AND ALL I NEEDED TO DO IS REPLACE IT, EASY ENOUGH I THOUGHT. I TOOK OUT THE OLD MOTOR AND THE TORSION SUPPORT BRACKET IN THE BOTTOM FELL OUT,(RUSTED APART), SO I REPLACED THAT AS WELL. STILL I HAD NO POWER TO THE MOTOR. AFTER INVESTIGATING FURTHER I NOTICED A BREAK IN THE WIRES WHERE THE TAILGATE CLOSES, SO I REPAIRED THAT, BUT I STILL HAVE NO POWER TO THE MOTOR. I NOTICED THAT THE POWER GOES THROUGH THE SWITCH MECHANISM FOR THE DOOR LOCK, COULD THIS BE THE PROBLEM AND IF SO WHERE COULD I GET ONE? I ALREADY LOOKED THROUGH JEFFS BRONCO GRAVEYARD. AND IF ANYONE KNOWS WHAT ELSE COULD CAUSE THIS PLEASE LET ME KNOW. THANKS
 
Most people just bypass that switch. It is intended to prevent operation of the window when the tail gate is down. Actually, being able to move the window with the tail gate down has worked out just fine for me. That allows you to move the window out of the way while doing other things inside the tail gate like rust prevention.

Attached is a 83 circuit diagram which I believe is the same as the 86 or darn close. Two connectors that are often the cause of power loss are C1907 which is behind the left tail light and C123 which is on thr rear frame crossmember visible if you look under the bumper. On the other side of the circuit is the ground.

A diagram of the circuit is attached.

Good luck,

:)>-
 
There is a 99% chance its the safety switch. Just unplug it, and make a jumper with a small piece of wire, and jump it out.....I have done it many times.

On my 93.....everything is working as it should, but if I want to put the glass up when I have the tail gate open, I just close the clasp on the left side of the T-gate, and the switch then thinks the T-G is closed, and you can move the glass up and down at will. Just remember to release the clasp, and lower the glass BEFORE you close the T-G.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top