Rear Suspension Mod

Broncoholics

Broncoholics
You've probably see this already but I thought for those who haven't might want to see how easy it is to get tons of flex in the rear. Make your own home made drop shackel for any Bronco. This one is on a 90's Bronco. I have more photos if you need them.
 

Attachments

  • Shackle3.jpg
    Shackle3.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 61
Does that use the stock shackle braket. Could I see some more pictures and information.
 
You have to cut the stock shackle mount off the frame. Then add this 1/4" plate to the side and bolt it on. Then the drop shackle attaches to it. Here's a photo...
 

Attachments

  • Shackle2.jpg
    Shackle2.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 54
Hitting the gas isn't the problem, its when you hit the brakes and the rear end pops up! This is why its nice to make it pinnable so street driving it acts like a regulat shackle. Its an idea for a off road rig more than anything.
 
I've never seen a truck with these have a problem popping up in the rear but it is possible. It has to pull the rear shackel downwards to open. When a truck hits the brakes it pulls forwards and doesn't release. I like it for off-road rigs only.

Otherwise you can do the huge flex in the rear idea I wrote up earlier for the early broncos and I bet the big bronco can do it as well. Take a look, its under the tech write ups. "Huge flex in rear"
 
what do you think about a bump stop for road rigs?think it would help?i love the idea just worried about drivabilty
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top