Rear Glass

  • Thread starter Thread starter TheTank
  • Start date Start date
T

TheTank

Guest
The rear glass in my 83' bronco goes down very slow.I need to take the panel off to see whats the problem. Someone once told me that the power has no ground wire so thats why it goes slow? is that true or is something just broken... <):)
 
Take off the inner panel, and lube the regulator. Some WD-40 on the side tracks may help, too, if they're caked up with dust. Use alot... If that doesn't help, the motor or it's drive gear may be wearing out. It's not real easy to change, just tie up the regulator arms if you remove the motor as they are under heavy tension.
 
Open the gate. With a heavy screwdriver or somthing, trip the latches on the sides of the gate so it thinks its closed. than raise the window till the motor is acessable. I did this when I removed and re-greased the motor and didn't have a problem with the regulators snaping shut. Mine is slow as well, but the main problem is the weather stripping on the inside and outside of the window getting hard. Mine is so hard that when some gravel got on it, the window got scratched. Now I need weather stripping and a new window!!

BK85
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top