Rear end problem

louis-8

New Member
I'm replacing axle seals, one was leaking. Removed the pumpkin cover, removed the lock bolt for pinion shaft and noticed it was broken off. Part of it is still in the shaft so it won't slide out. Thought maybe it was broken at and not threaded, wrong. Stuck a real small magnet in there, but no luck. It's a small hole, maybe an angle drill and easy out, it's a really tough spot. Any suggestions would be welcome.
 
Bully Bob said:
What veh. is it...?
Same thing happened to my El Camino.
[snapback]15510[/snapback]​
Hi Bob, 89 Bronco full size. I'm thinking drilling maybe, but not much space to work in.
 
Hi Bob, it's an 89 Bronco Full Size. I'm in a pickle. Maybe drilling and an easy out, but there sure isn't much room to work in. lou
 
louis-8 said:
Hi Bob, it's an 89 Bronco Full Size. I'm in a pickle. Maybe drilling and an easy out, but there sure isn't much room to work in. lou
[snapback]15515[/snapback]​
My local driveline shop said "they could get it out" but I never had it done.
I have a feeling they CUT the "c" clips, pull axles, pull 3rd member, then remove the bad parts. Just a guess.
 
a die grinder should cut the c-clips easier than you could drill it you think?don't know just guessing never had that prob before
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top