Rear Defrost

The best place to check would be at the connections to the defrost tape. You will need to remove the panel on the tail gate.
 
I had it apart today to oil the pivots for my window. Are those 2 blocks that connect to the window on bottom right?
 
OOPs ment to include a wiring diagram, it is for a 83 but may be of some use to you. Sorry I don't have one for the 90's. I believe there are fewer connectors in the 92.

Good luck,

:)>-
 
As long as you have power to the window itself....and yes you will need to remove the access panel in the inside of the T gate to check for power there.....and to see if the both wires have not broken off.

If all is well in there, take your multi tester and check along each of the 14 metal stripes going across the glass. Just do a continuity test, and look for spots where the metal paint/tape is damaged and there is no continuity. Its very helpful if your multi-tester had a audible tone when it does detect continuity.

Permatex sells a repair kit that includes parts to reattach to the glass, and the conductive paint with stencil.

They sell two kits I am not too sure this one has the repair to reattach the wires to the glass, but it does have the conductive paint.

http://www.midwayautosupply.com/detailedpr...iption.asp?9369

15067_3X.jpg
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top