Rear Axles

  • Thread starter Thread starter BLUEovalBELIEVER
  • Start date Start date
B

BLUEovalBELIEVER

Guest
it seems that i keep seeing people putting big meat and whimpy axles,does noone at this site have sense enuff to tell that 40's 44's whatever are way to big for the half ton axles under their bronco's?
have any of you broke a ball joint before with 35's 38's 40's?just curious,i think people should build safe as well as big the wheel bearings on the half ton axles can not handle the stress from a large tire for long(38's and bigger)
warn axles ox u joints i read where parts are bought that add up to way more than a dana 60 would cost.if you broke it than maybe it should be up graded.
I would hate to hear of someone getting hurt by their top heavy 10 inch lifted 44 inch tired bronco.
keep in mind that the bigger you go the more stress you put on everything not just the axles.you should have a well thought out plan of upgrades.
everyone please be careful and if you want big meat get big axles
 
I have the 9" in my Bronco with 38's and a 400 plus hp motor and I don't have any problem's with the axle.You have to build them for the abuse it will take from the tire's and such.
 
On my 44 i got 36s on it only but for making it higher i plan on getting 35 inch All terrain and a 4 inch lift and thne it well be higher thne most here
 
I have a 77 f-250 and a mint 79 bronco the 77 has 7 inches on 40 and the 79 hase 9 inches on 38.5's and I have no problems with anything
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top