Rear Axle Vibrations

  • Thread starter Thread starter broncoowner
  • Start date Start date
B

broncoowner

Guest
new to the site...have a 90 bronco (all stock)... when out on the road (30+mph) when I speed up or left off the gas, there is a vibration or shudder coming from the back axle. I've noticed that sometimes when starting off, there seems to be some vibrations or grinding sounds. None of these last more than a few seconds. Was wondering what this may be from? Someone told me to drain all the fluids and this may help. Any experts out there know what may be causing this vibration on the road?
 
I would hazard a guess that you have either a bad u-joint or that the centre pivot ball of the double cardan (H) at the t-case is worn out.
 
Yeah, you need to yank that rear driveline out today and have new u-joints pressed in.
If you wait any longer the driveline will pop off and if you're on the freeway... well, I'll let you figure that out... :o
 
I had the U-Joints explode on my old '79....... on the freeway....... it sounded like 100 BB's hitting the underside, followed by the most horrible metal screetch you could ever imagine. Thank God it came off on the rear, not the front side.... had to put it in 4WD to get home... Long story short, get the suckers fixed... not to $$$ and pretty easy.....
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top