rear axle bearing

slamminsimon

New Member
Hello everyone, I am new to this forum. I have a rear axle bearing thats going out and I want to replace it my self.But I dont know if I need any special tools? Does anybody have any ideas? I have a 91 f-250.
 
yo. What size/type diff is in there?
Guessing that itsa 10.25

Look at this Cover Gasket Depiction to verify; U.S. Gear Corporation
http://www.usgear.com/tl/ford2.htm

Replacement in a 95 F 250 Source: by BigBlue 94 at FSB

Replacement pics in a 95 F 150 Source: by BigBlue94 at SuperMotors.net
Big may have more pics in the SM site..than in da FS site

also, FYI
Lubricant Leaking from Real Hub Seals Full Float Hub w/10.25" FULL-FLOATER Rear Axle TSB 94-19-24 for 86-94 F-250, F-350 Source: by Ford via thedieselstop.com
 
Ok, I replied to you IM with this info; ok, then the seals and prob da bearings need replacement.
you can rent the spindle nut tool & puller @ Auto Zone and other parts places for a refundable (approx. $50.00) fee as Bigblue described.
Those articles I gave ya show the puller you'll need. Do you have any friends that have experience to help you?

have to roll now; will be back here WED.

you can check to confirm if its a 10.25 rear by looking at Bigblue's pics of his 10.25 at this Cover Gasket Depiction to verify; U.S. Gear Corporation
http://www.usgear.com/tl/ford2.htm

&
10.25 Seal Replacement in a 92 Bronco
Source: by Zach K (BurnedB, BurnedBronco, Badassbronco) at http://fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5647

10.25 Seal Replacement in F250/F250
Source: by Tom at thedieselstop.com http://www.thedieselstop.com/contents/getitems.php3?Axle%20Seal%20Replacement

SKF Bearings

Scotseal® Plus XL
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top