Hi,
I am new to the forum and could not find any info on this topic, so I am asking it here.
I have a 1975 F-250 4x4 Custom which has the gas tank behind the seat in the cab just waiting to incinerate me. I would like to eliminate this gas tank and put one in place of the spare tire like I have on my 1978 F-250 Custom. But the problem is that the frame rails on the 1975 are only about 28" on the inside. All the tanks I've seen measure about 34-1/2" to fit between the frame of the 1978-79 trucks. Yet they list them as able to fit 1973-79. So I have two questions...
First, why do all the manufacturers claim on their websites that the tanks fit 1973-79 if they only fit 1978-79 trucks? Am I missing something?
Second, does anyone know of a company that sells gas tanks that fit between the more narrow rear frame of a 1973-1977 4x4 F-series?
Any info would be great.
DavidXJ98
I am new to the forum and could not find any info on this topic, so I am asking it here.
I have a 1975 F-250 4x4 Custom which has the gas tank behind the seat in the cab just waiting to incinerate me. I would like to eliminate this gas tank and put one in place of the spare tire like I have on my 1978 F-250 Custom. But the problem is that the frame rails on the 1975 are only about 28" on the inside. All the tanks I've seen measure about 34-1/2" to fit between the frame of the 1978-79 trucks. Yet they list them as able to fit 1973-79. So I have two questions...
First, why do all the manufacturers claim on their websites that the tanks fit 1973-79 if they only fit 1978-79 trucks? Am I missing something?
Second, does anyone know of a company that sells gas tanks that fit between the more narrow rear frame of a 1973-1977 4x4 F-series?
Any info would be great.
DavidXJ98
