Re-hinging Doors

  • Thread starter Thread starter joannahelm
  • Start date Start date
J

joannahelm

Guest
I took the doors off of my 76 and now it is a mess to get back on. My neighbor mentioned that there is a part you can put on the door and the body so the hinge just goes on and off- no bolts, etc... It just slides on some bolts that are mounted to the door frame.

I have searched everywhere for something like this- does anyone have any history or ideas on this?
 
Wildhorses offers a stainless kit at .... wow, uhmmm $384.99!!!!
Tom's has some on their site at $95 each??
BC mentions them, but I have a heck of a time navigating their site
have fun searching, good luck
 
You can modify your hinges to work as quick release hinges.
Once you re-align the doors and they fit nice...
Cut off the top knuckle of the hine on the door jamb side so when you look at the hinge the pin in sticking up with nothing above it.
Now you can slide the door on or off any time. It will not come off if its latched.
Trust me its a free modification that works!

I can send some photos once I find them...
 
What is the "mess".
Give me a little more info where you are running into troubles and I might have an idea for ya
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top