radius drop brackets or 7 deg bushings

fordmandan78

New Member
I am lifting my 78 f150 4", it came with 7 deg. radius bushings, are they any good or should I get the drop brackets? any info or opinions would be great!! Thanks!
 
Its possible to use only 'C' bushings, but I think for every 1" of lift you only lose 1.2 degrees of caster, so you may not need the 7 degree bushings. I'd think about installing the drop brackets because it helps with the contact angle and the wear of the R/A bushings, plus with the brackets, the spring seats won't be angled forward causing the springs to bow. You may want to check with the supplier, I think all you need is 2-4 degree bushings.
 
You can use only the bushings, but if it we're me I'd use the drop brackets with bushings to help with angles and caster. I used the combo when I lifted my Bronco. (I just think that's its the right way.)
 
Not to hijack this but i'm looking at the same 4 inch lift with the 7 degree bushings. Also can I put a dual steering stablizer on this or can I only use a single. I have a 1977 F150 Ranger XLT Dana 44 9inch rear.
 
I don't think a dual stabilizer is going to be no more effective than a single would be. Its like dual shocks in the front, I think all that does is make the ride a little tougher.
 
I ordered some BDS 4" drop brackets today, I plan on replacing the C bushings to, do I use 2 or 4 degree bushings? I believe 2 deg. is stock from what I have read. And I imagine I will need to replace my sway bar links also huh? Thanks!
 
I ordered some BDS 4" drop brackets today, I plan on replacing the C bushings to, do I use 2 or 4 degree bushings? I believe 2 deg. is stock from what I have read. And I imagine I will need to replace my sway bar links also huh? Thanks!
That's about as far as you go with a stock sway bar, i would get the adjustable type, and I also agree that radius arm drop brackets are better. Keeping the true angle of everything makes it easier on the truck. The angled C-Bushings, is what we refer to as Jerry Rigging when not in good company.
 
plus with the brackets, the spring seats won't be angled forward causing the springs to bow. You may want to check with the supplier, I think all you need is 2-4 degree bushings.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top