Radio, Wipers, Windows Don't Work

  • Thread starter Thread starter chuckles1856
  • Start date Start date
C

chuckles1856

Guest
All,
I have a '91 Bronco with a 5.8L/Auto. My Rear Antilock light on the dash comes on and suddenly the radio, wipers, and windows don't work. If I jiggle the ignition key switch or push it forward just a bit, everything works again and the light goes off. I replaced the ignition lock and cylinder but that didn't do a thing except give me a new key. I'm thinking it has something to do with the switch inside the column that the lock cylinder fits into but not too sure.

Thoughts?
Ed

--------
'91 5.8L Auto
 
looking in the ford shop manual(swiped from dealer)everything you're having a problem with runs through circuit breaker #14, but if it goes away when you wiggle the switch, sounds like you may have a grounf problem with the chime module(also run off of circuit breaker #14)
 
Ya'll-- thanks for all the help with this. It turns out that it was the electric ignition switch. The wires that go into the switch have a clip to hold them in place and I believe it had fallen off. The wires became loose and not making a good connection on the switch. I pushed them back on and haven't had the problem since. I'd take a picture of it but that dog gone switch is in such a tight spot it would be kind of hard.
Thanks again for all the help!

Ed
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top