Radio Problems

jbugarin03

New Member
I have a situation, In my 99 f150, i took out the factory radio and very stupidly cut off the factory reverse harness. After, I installed an aftermarket radio but that started having problems and would increase its volume to its maximum capacity on its own, and then at other times would just shut off on its own. So I bought a factory radio and want to reinstall it, but now am having trouble with the wires, i bought a reverse wire harness but the colors don't match with the original wires.. so i'm confused as to what i should do, any help is appreciated.
 
I know that when I was looking for color codes for my Bronco's stereo they were a lil' hard to find.
Car Radio Battery Constant 12v+ Wire: Light Green/Pink
Car Radio Accessory Switched 12v+ Wire: Black/Violet
Car Radio Ground Wire: Black/Green
Car Radio Illumination Wire: Light Blue/Red
Car Stereo Dimmer Wire: N/A
Car Stereo Antenna Trigger Wire: Blue
Car Stereo Amp Trigger Wire: N/A
Car Stereo Amplifier Location: N/A
Car Audio Front Speakers Size: 6″ x 8″
Car Audio Front Speakers Location: Doors
Left Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Gray/Light Blue
Left Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Tan/Yellow
Right Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): White/Light Green
Right Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Dark Green/Orange
Car Audio Rear Speakers Size: 6″ x 8″
Car Audio Rear Speakers Location: Rear Door
Left Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Orange/Light Green
Left Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Light Blue/White
Right Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Orange/Red
Right Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Brown/Pink

Source

and also you might look at this too :)

StereoCode.png


Source
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top