Radiator Fan

dethomson

New Member
Has anyone replaced the engine mounted fan for one that is electric, thermostatically controlled, and mounted on the radiator? If yes, can you post your experience with how things came out and what fan/thermostat you used? Does your engine now run cooler when at low speeds or idle?

Thanks,

Dan
 
Has anyone replaced the engine mounted fan for one that is electric, thermostatically controlled, and mounted on the radiator? If yes, can you post your experience with how things came out and what fan/thermostat you used? Does your engine now run cooler when at low speeds or idle?

Thanks,

Dan
I changed the fan on my 390 to a electric fan with a thermostat. I bought it from LMC trucks in KS am so far i'm happy with it. I ran a extra wire with a relay and a switch inside so I can turn it on if the thermostat quit for some reason. I haven't had any trouble with it and the extra room you have in front of your engine is great. The engine has never been hot but I haven't ran it hard yet due to the engine is still new.
 
Has anyone replaced the engine mounted fan for one that is electric, thermostatically controlled, and mounted on the radiator? If yes, can you post your experience with how things came out and what fan/thermostat you used? Does your engine now run cooler when at low speeds or idle?

Thanks,

Dan


i have a 300 straight six carb i pulled an electric fan out of a early 90's taurus it has a two speed fan that moves some serious air.....i wired it to a toggle with a high and low setting. it works great!
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top