Rabs Sensor 1990 Bronco

  • Thread starter Thread starter pooh145
  • Start date Start date
P

pooh145

Guest
I have replaced this sucker two times and the light still comes on. It stays off until I hit 40 mph exactly then stays on until I shut my truck off. Once I restart I believe the system resets and the light won't come on again until I hit 40 mph again. Any thoughts???? Thanks
 
Beacause of where there located the build up with crud,I would check for broken wires,at or before the sensor.If not have it put on a diagnostic machine,that will help pinpoint the problem.
You may have a problem,in the ABS system itself,ie the controller right below the master cylindrer.

Bill
 
You will find a sensor on the differential, and that particular sensor will cause the problem you are describing. I was have the same issue with my 87. The good news is that its a cheap part, it sells for around $15.00 - $20.00. I purchased my at autozone. You can go online with autozone and check the price and availability in your area. The other good news is that the sensor is located at the top (12:00) of the rear end housing and is easy to access. It is held in place with a sinlge bolt. Clean the area around the sensor real good so as not to run a risk of getting crap into ya gears.......hope this helps ya out.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top