Questions On Dana 44's

  • Thread starter Thread starter offroadford4x4
  • Start date Start date
O

offroadford4x4

Guest
Hi. I have a 96 F150 and I'm planning to do a SAS on my truck. I know the gears and diff will fit from the D44 TTB into the Solid D44. My question is, can I use the kncukes off the TTB on the solid axle? I would like to keep my cuurent knuckles and brake on the truck, but want the Solid 44. I want to do this to keep the expense down and save the headache of trying to find all the parts to assemble the older style brakes, hubs, ETC.


Thanks in advance,
Ron
 
Sorry, I forgot to add the axle I'm planning to use is a 77-79 Ford D44 from either an F150 or Bronco.
 
i dont believe the knuckles will work . i belive that is what i read when i was doing some research on the D 44 . trying to find out if the solid alxe carrier would fit in to the TTB. try a google search on Dana 44 parts interchange
 
Well as long as the brakes and such will work that is my main concern. I'd hate to have to buy all that suff additionaly.
 
Hey offroadford4x4 do you have the 77-79 dana 44 already? If not I have one that I am trying to get rid of. It has spindles and 3.50 gears in it but no axles. Let me know if you are interested.
 
Thanks for the offer but I already have 2, both complete with rad arms,track bar etc. I'm trying to unload one myself.

I have the knuckles, spindles, etc. along with shot rotors but want to use my 96 parts to try and sace some $$$ and fabrication.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top