I have just started to pep my 82 truck for paint. I am having it as a daily driver so i am puttin automotive paint on it. A buddy of mine has a shop so he is doing it for me other wise, check out a NAPA or ebay for some auto paitn, should be cheap enough. I am also done taking of the strips, and man WHAT A PAIN IN THE ASS!! After being on there more more than 20 yrs they dont want to come off. I tried using a razor, but if you slip, then you get down to the bare metal and it will jsut make the sanding job uneven. Best thing is used was a plastic puddy knife w/a 45* edge on it and i used a hot air gun. They cam off pretty well with that. IF you have residue lef over just use some paint thinner or adhesive remover.