Pulled Out A Peterbilt!

Justshootme84

Moderator
THe feed truck came to the farm today, and that particular driver (a rookie) always gets stuck trying to turn around. No different this time. Good thing we have some big 4WD tractors!!! DOH!!! :wacko:
 
I got to pull a pair of cidiots in a Hummer out of the ditch during a snow storm in the middle of no where this winter with the F-150.

The ford schooled the crap out of the Hummer. It would probably be an ok rig if they kept it on the tar or in their garage.
 
I didn't take any pics, felt like the dude was embarrassed enough. I was just pokin' fun at brother Ktomek06, I doubt if my Bronco could have pulled the semi out of the mud. First try with a backhoe didn't get him very far.

I did pull the neighbor's Nissan pickup out of the mud the other day. I somehow managed to get the tractor stuck also. Come to find out the tractor's pushutton 4wd quit working a few days before. Now that was a real headache to repair. Glad I didn't get called in to fix it!!! :P
 
ive got a good pullin story. my neighbor had a 12x20 shed that he wanted to pull out of his yard and on to a trailer and move it around to the other side of his house. he got an f-150 2wd so he wasnt gonna pull too much. he called over his buddy with a 4wd avalanche to try to pull it out and it just spun the tires. we brought the bronc and tugged it out in 4L like it was nuthing. the guy with the avalanche was dissapointed that he had just bought his $35k truck and it got out pulled by a 16 yr old ford bronco.
 
new 4wd are not built for work. they are mostly built for those starbucks goers that need a 4wd but have no intention of ever using it. i herd an interesting fact. 95% of all 4wd will never see much more than a gravel road
 
We often use an '02 F-350 in 4LO to pullstart a maintainer/grader. Those trucks can pull a semi out of a jam if needed. I came close to getting stuck in my Z-71 yesterday. Packed the wheelwells with so much sticky mud, I couldn't even turn the steering wheel and had to scrape it off by hand. The Bronco just walks right thru the same stuff in 2HI.

I found a small challenge for it today--slick mud. Very easy to turn around on a dime, tracked fairly straight for once. I had a problem in the past with the Bronco "snaking" in this mud, even to the point of my friends laughing that I could not drive a straight line. Fixxing the radius arm bushings and the steering shaft solved that problem!!! A 4wd Dodge Dakota didn't make it 20 feet before getting stuck. I warned him not to try it, so he got no help from me!!!
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top