Pros And Cons Of Mini Spool

indoz

New Member
If anyone has the mini spools installed in their diff I would like to get opinions.
Thanks, Henk in hot West Australia( 104 today)
 
i have one inb my 87 bronco with a 8.8 rear end great off road ok on road the rear end chirps and hopes when turning
 
I don't have it done yet, but I'm planning to spool my Ford 9" rear axle when I re-gear to 4.56 for my 35's. I've been doing alot of searching and getting opinions, too, in the last month or so. Much cheaper for a 9", but I have heard about the tires "chirping" when turning. Maybe it's like if you drive slow inside a building on slick concrete and it sounds like you're peeling out? I can live with that for the increased traction I will gain in back. Most folks do not recommend one for the front with the TTB, since they say it tends to break the axle shafts and u-joints.
 
Thanks for the advice gents, I think I can live with a birdie in the rear, so will install one in due time. Henk
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top