Problem Starting

  • Thread starter Thread starter ha-y-n Bronco
  • Start date Start date
H

ha-y-n Bronco

Guest
I am occasionally having a problem when starting my bronco. Sometimes when I turn the ignition all I hear is a clicking sound. I know when the starter goes bad it usually clicks once, but this clicks a lot and if I hold it for a few seconds it will usually start up. Can anyone tell me what is wrong? Also it hasn't had a tune up in a while, could that be adding to the problem?
 
sounds to me like a bad solenoid. if the solenoid goes bad the magnet doesnt have enough power to push the starter gear into the flywheel and you will get a rapid clicking. so the best thing is to replace the starter. if not and you get stuck somewhere and your truck wont start just tap on the solenoid with a hammer (lightly) and it will work again. i had a fiero that the hammer trick is the only way i could get it started everytime.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top