Power Steering Gear Box Leaking

  • Thread starter Thread starter sleepy083181
  • Start date Start date
S

sleepy083181

Guest
I bought my bronco from my uncle's freind and he said that the power steering leaked, i wanted to know if anyone has rebuilt the gear box and how hard it is to do. I can't tell if it is horizontal leakage or lower pitman arm leakage. Well any how it is leaking really bad and i wanna take care of it like now. Please let me know.

Joe
 
Mine started leaking real bad, shortly after i put my lift on it. It was coming out of one of the bolts on top. I tightened it up, bought some powersterring stop leak from autozone and haven't had a problem since. I forget what i was called but I know it was this thick red stuff that lokked like cough syrup and it cost about 6 or 7 bucks. It has a cone shaped top that you have to cut off to pour in. You can try that. I also bought some extra power steering fluid to add.
 
My 1980 Full size has been slowly leaking power steering fluid for a long time now and i honestly just haven't been too concerned with it until now. It is getting pretty bad and i'm doing a 6 inch lift soon so i've got to handle it. Any suggestions?
 
i looked for that cough syrup like stuff but no luck can you get the name of the product for me? Any how i bought the lower pitman arm seal kit cause it looks as if it is leaking from that area. any help is greatly appricated. thanx alot. Joe




B)
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top