Power Door Lock Issues

  • Thread starter Thread starter sellin-ny
  • Start date Start date
S

sellin-ny

Guest
OK GUYS,IF ANYONE HAS EVER HAD THIS PROBLEM I NEED YOUR HELP.93'FS BRONCO.
MY POWER DOOR LOCKS DO MORE THAN NOT WORK,WHEN YOU HIT THE SWITCH MORE THAN ONCE IT WILL ACTUALLY OPEN THE DRIVERS DOOR(FROM EITHERSWITCH).THEY WILL NOT LOCK OR UNLOCK,BY POWER OR BY HAND (I AM 250-LBS AND I CAN'T PUSH THAT @#$%&** KNOB DOWN.
I AM NOT A MORON,THIS WEEKEND I REBUILT THE TAILGATE,REPLACED THE EXHAUST (INCLUDING THE MANIFOLD) SO IT IS SAFE TO SAY I CAN USE A WRENCH BUT THIS PROBELM HAS GOT ME STUMPED.ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED. :wacko:
 
:mellow: HEY GUY,I GOT A 89 FS EB WITH ALMOST THE SAME PROBLEM. MINE IS MY DOOR LOCKS MY DOOR,AND NOT THE PASSENGER DOOR.THE PASSENGER DOOR BUTTON LOCKS MY DOOR,BOT NOT ITSELF. I KINDA DECIDED TO LIVE WITH IT,BUT IFIN YOU GET SOME IDEA AS TO WHAT IS TO BE DONE,PLEASE POST BECAUSE I M SURE THERE IS MANY WITH THE SAME PROBLEM.
 
check alll the switches and regulators,clean the contacts on the back of them too!
 
wait wait wait you mean if you hit the switch it will actually open the drivers door hell that is cool when you find the problem let me know so i can add it to mine. oh and broncojim you cant have an fs and eb in the same truck it is either an Early Bronco a Big Bronco or A Full Size Bronco. but hey it looks good.
 
Enough w/ the caps anyway (PEOPLE THINK YOU ARE YELLING) and plus it is annoying.

I have a problem w/ my door locks on the drivers side, When I press lock it makes a loud annoying sound...like ...its too hard to make sounds into words lol Anyone know what it could be?
 
:o) hey i got the perfect solution.... dont hit the button more than once :D and make sure you are wearing the seatbelt. :o) i would think the actuating rod is hitting the latch. if some one worked on both doors they may have switched the rods and now you have that not-so-cool problem.its a good place to start looking anyway.....cant help the jokes sorry...dave :o)
 
Sounds like the problem is in your multi-switch on the drivers door, especially if you can't pull the lock knob down by hand.
 
Yes, everything looks in order,i have never heard of a power switch making it so that you cant even push it down by hand,is this common,this is my first bronco?
 
I took the power lock out of the drivers door cause mine broke in the locked position and there was almost no unlocking the door.
 
Ktomek yea I know what you area talking about you hit the locks and it sound like the motor is free spining, mine started doing that and this week end going to take the door panel off and double check everthing inside and make sure that the actuator off the motor is still hooked up or see what broke on it .. plus I have to pull the rest of the dorr handle off that broke the same day .. so now I have to roll down the window open the door from the out side roll the window up and manually lock the door.. then use the key to unlock the door...
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top