Paper Covering Window In Door Panel

  • Thread starter Thread starter Desert Donk
  • Start date Start date
D

Desert Donk

Guest
Howdy. I replaced all the felt and rubber in the window channels on the doors of my 85 Bronc today. I had to remove the paper or cardboard or whatever that was taped and glued in there covering the openings around the windows. I was wondering what I could replace that with. I'm sure it kept out some air and noise. I'm hoping someone will have an idea that might even be better than what came stock. However if that's the only material that can be used, where do you get that stuff and what kind of tape/glue stuff was that? Thanks.
 
you can use the black tar paper that go's under the roofing or you can get some paster paper. i think it helps keep the dust also... hope this helps.
 
Go to your local Best Buy, Circuit City, Crutchfield, or other high end car stereo shop, and get a roll of DYNO-MAT. It has an adhesive already on it, and you heat it with a hair drier as you put it on. It really kills road noise, and dampens vibrations from inside the door. Put it every where you CAN'T spay Rino-Liner.
 
P.S. If you go with Tar paper, or poster board :o ....3M makes an adheasive in a spray can, you can pick up at the local autoparts, or hardware store. Cut you part out, spray, and let tack up a little before putting it on the door(so you can move it around if you don't get it straight the first time).
 
Thanks everyone! These are some great ideas. Not sure I want to spring $35 per door for the expensive stereo type of insulation. Maybe I'll go for the roofing material. :) I don't know just yet, I'll see if I can get something for a bit less money. I got the idea of doing the sides along the passenger seats and cargo area too if I can find a deal on something like Dynamat or Fatmat. I had not thought of this from a stereo point of view at all. I have a friend whose son installs stereos for a living at a top end place in San Francisco. I'll give him a call and see if he has any ideas. I appreciate being pointed in the right direction. Great group we have here.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top