Paint for 1975

TNCEMT

New Member
I'm trying to find out where I can get the original paint for my 75 F150. It's almost an olive color, and I have no idea as to where I can find it. Or anything similar. My local dealerships don't have this information, in fact they tell me they can't find parts for most vehicles before '95. Any information would be great. Also, are there any good resources out there for hi performance C6 transmissions? Thanks fellas.
 
Just curious... Why would you want original paint? Theres a lot of new tech and blends out there that can hold up a little better. Have you tried the parts forum for a new transmission? I saw a good article at www.ford-truck.com about swapping a T18 for a NV4500. Its all greek to me, but it was a good read about everyday drivability upgrades.
 
Slomar said:
Just curious... Why would you want original paint? Theres a lot of new tech and blends out there that can hold up a little better. Have you tried the parts forum for a new transmission? I saw a good article at www.ford-truck.com about swapping a T18 for a NV4500. Its all greek to me, but it was a good read about everyday drivability upgrades.
[snapback]16498[/snapback]​
I've always had the dream of taking something back to the day it rolled off the showroom floor, shy of engine upgrades. Would be nice to see some American metal rolling around like they use to. I just want her to look original and run wild.
 
I don't know if you have a local paint shop that carries ppg paint, or any other automotive paint for that matter, but if you find a place that sells automotive paint then they should have a way to match your paint on your truck, and ATS is a good name for good trannies for ford deisels, I think they have c6's also

TNCEMT said:
I'm trying to find out where I can get the original paint for my 75 F150. It's almost an olive color, and I have no idea as to where I can find it. Or anything similar. My local dealerships don't have this information, in fact they tell me they can't find parts for most vehicles before '95. Any information would be great. Also, are there any good resources out there for hi performance C6 transmissions? Thanks fellas.
[snapback]16496[/snapback]​
 
Just a thought, but have you checked the door tag yet? Maybe that'll give your local dealership a better color code to look for. I have the Haynes if you'd like me to look up a code.
 
Slomar said:
Just a thought, but have you checked the door tag yet? Maybe that'll give your local dealership a better color code to look for. I have the Haynes if you'd like me to look up a code.
[snapback]16516[/snapback]​
My local dealerships won't or can't pull up information on vehicles before 1995. To me it sounds like lousy leadership around here. I didn't know if the local shops would have any chip boards or color charts for Ford paints, sounds like it would be a good start for me. I guess I had a predjudice for a moment and thought only Lowe's and Home Depot did color matches, :-& . I appreciate it fellas, and as for the tranny, I'm praying I don't have to buy a reman for Advance or Autozone.
 
Slomar said:
www.autocolorlibrary.com !!!! I just found this today. It had all the the chips for my 76!
[snapback]16520[/snapback]​
hey, THANKS A TON slomar. awesome awesome site for paint info. i just found a chip chart for ford's on ebay as well...
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top