7
76/79BroncoGuy
Guest
I just found this forum and think it's great. Like everyone else I seem to have my own problems.
I have a Stock 79 Bronco Trailer Special with a 400m. It's an automatic and has air conditioning. My problem is that whenever I'm caught in traffic the darn thing overheats. Its done this since I bought it.
Separately, I have replaced the heater core, radiator, fan, water pump, two radiator caps (currently tested at 13psi), three thermostats (recently tested and at factory specs), new temp sending unit, tested the gauge, had the system flushed, and two days ago I adjusted the timing.
Don't know if it's related, but my heater doesn't always put out really hot air.
Its not a built truck. No lift or any engine performance upgrades. Even have the fan shroud in place.
Does anyone have any advice or suggestions?
I have a Stock 79 Bronco Trailer Special with a 400m. It's an automatic and has air conditioning. My problem is that whenever I'm caught in traffic the darn thing overheats. Its done this since I bought it.
Separately, I have replaced the heater core, radiator, fan, water pump, two radiator caps (currently tested at 13psi), three thermostats (recently tested and at factory specs), new temp sending unit, tested the gauge, had the system flushed, and two days ago I adjusted the timing.
Don't know if it's related, but my heater doesn't always put out really hot air.
Its not a built truck. No lift or any engine performance upgrades. Even have the fan shroud in place.
Does anyone have any advice or suggestions?