Opinion Wanted On 93 Bronco Purchase.

  • Thread starter Thread starter OzzManG149
  • Start date Start date
O

OzzManG149

Guest
Im getting ready to see about purchasing a 93 Bronco I found tonight. Im wanting to get some feedback to see if this seems like a good deal. The asking price on it was $4900. With me trading in my 95 Thunderbird LX 4.6L I will be getting it for $2650.00. It has 111,000 miles on it. The motor was replaced about $10,000 miles on it 351W and was owned by a mechanic it appears to be in really good shape. He traded it off for a ford F150 4X4. Here is a picture of one that is pretty close to what it looks like. Any help would be appreciated.

1.jpg
 
Looks nice from where I sit. Was the engine rebuilt 10,000 miles ago or did it cost $10,000? Just make sure you check it out real good (fluid leaks, burned tranny fluid, everything works the way it should) and you should have sweet deal.
 
I agree, it sounds like a fair deal! Just make sure there arnt any massive fluid leaks & it runs smooth. Make sure it engages 4 wheel drive ok. You can go get it inspected & compression tested etc but that is a hassel. The less things wrong when you buy it = less $'s to spend gettin it right after you purchase it.GOOD LUCK! ;)
 
Check the body and undercarriage REALLY close for rust spots, like the tailgate, door sills and fenderwells. Make sure tht both 4HI and 4LO work, no clunking when shifting gears. Then offer him $1000 less than $4900.
 
I have the same Bronco, 93 XLT......... and I love it....... I paid a little more for mine,(Sept 03) but it had 77K on it and back in New Mexico, we don't get much rust on anything. Guy that had it kept it real clean, don't think anyone sat in the back until I bought it. The only thing I changed so far was the auto locking hubs, put on some manuals, K&N air filter, steps, and a brush guard........ if I can figure out how to post a picture on here I will.....
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top