OLD SCHOOL FORD'S

spide4x4

Built Ford Tough


Just wanted to share my year long project, lot of time/money but it was worth it.

Went through the entire truck, top to bottom..........you name it I did it!
460ci./dual batt./elec.fans/mallery ign./truck avenger carb/38gal+19gal fuel tanks/rear
air bags/39in. mt.
I restored the interior and exterior to original.........ext.crome moldings get expensive. Still need to work on steering system a bit more.

But I can tell you with the blu race cluches I had install in the C6 and 205 tranfer box this beast is diffenitly........................BUILT FORD TOUGH!
 

Attachments

  • 93d9_1_.jpg
    93d9_1_.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 1,065
  • PR00001044642.jpg
    PR00001044642.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 707
  • PR00001044644.jpg
    PR00001044644.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 609
  • PR00001044643.jpg
    PR00001044643.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 566
  • truck_front_end.jpg
    truck_front_end.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 435
Very nice pickup! What kind of lift do you have on it? Where'd you get the lift and all the parts? I have been looking for something for my 1979 F-250 and I have had no luck. Thanks Jake
 
Wow man, Great job on your truck. makes me feel like my ol' rusted '79 standard cab shortbed f150 is a poor boy compared to yours ... the one thing i have over it is some nice power seats from a lincoln towncar. :P Oh what gears are you running in your truck?
 
Hey Jake, sorry it's tak'in so long to reply.The lift I'm riding on is a 8" SkyJacker Softride, it's more money for the Softride because of the springs. It helps to know someone in the 4 wheel parts dist. I'll see if I can get some part #'s for your year truck and post them here. LMC TRUCKS has a all ford parts catalog/Dennis Carpenter is another all ford catalog worth checking.
TheBigRedBeast said:
Very nice pickup! What kind of lift do you have on it? Where'd you get the lift and all the parts? I have been looking for something for my 1979 F-250 and I have had no luck. Thanks Jake
[snapback]16770[/snapback]​
 
Yeah these trucks are awsome! I installed 4.10:1 in the dana 60 and dana 44. I find myself always adding more $ into it, just put air bags in the rear. Good Luck with yours?
cbass1985 said:
Wow man, Great job on your truck. makes me feel like my ol' rusted '79 standard cab shortbed f150 is a poor boy compared to yours ... the one thing i have over it is some nice power seats from a lincoln towncar. :P Oh what gears are you running in your truck?
[snapback]16833[/snapback]​
 
Hey great job on the truck! I'm looking to get those type of mirrors for my 78 f250.
What year, Make, and model of truck are those off of? Or what catalog did you purchases those from. I really like em tuff to find though. Please e-mail me at [email protected] with info! Thanks, Eric Milwaukee WI.
 
thats a great looking truck, if you don't mind me askin, how much money did it take to do this resto, and would you do it again?

jake
 
It took me a year to get it to look like this, believe me the closer you get to finishing it the more you want to drive it, but it was worth it.
I have about 15,000 into it right now, but you know how that goes(always something to restore).
If someone offered me 15 g's for it right now, I would'nt take it, because I would have to do it again.
Getting harder to find these trucks.
 
spide4x4 said:
It took me a year to get it to look like this, believe me the closer you get to finishing it the more you want to drive it, but it was worth it.
I have about 15,000 into it right now, but you know how that goes(always something to restore).
If someone offered me 15 g's for it right now, I would'nt take it, because I would have to do it again.
Getting harder to find these trucks.
[snapback]17110[/snapback]​


I would have figured that it would have cost alot more than that to restore an old truck to that condition. Its a great job, thanks for the pics
 


Just wanted to share my year long project, lot of time/money but it was worth it.

Went through the entire truck, top to bottom..........you name it I did it!
460ci./dual batt./elec.fans/mallery ign./truck avenger carb/38gal+19gal fuel tanks/
air bags/39in. mt.
I restored the interior and exterior to original.............crome moldings get expensive. Still need to work on steering system a bit more.

But I can tell you with the blu race cluches I had install in the C6 and 205 tranfer box this beast is diffenitly........................BUILT FORD TOUGH

Nice work! you have good taste.from the montain. hillbilly
 
Nice work! you have good taste.from the montain. hillbilly

Sweet truck, I'm building a 79 shortbed. I won't dress mine up that nice as I use it for hunting. But it can be a chore finding certain parts. My next project on mine will be re-doing the doors. They rattle like mad.
 
Nice truck man glad other people out there are restoring this old trucks. See my specs of my truck and you will see that I love this old trucks. Sorry no pics of it thou. Everytime I thank I am done do soomething else to it. :)>-
 
i have a 78'f100 2wd that i am totally redoing.i love this body style.mine will be more of a street/strip truck.it'll have a 331 with either NOS or a turbo or supercharged.i am going for around 600hp.
both of these truck pics on here are awesome. very nice.
 
I an a new owner of a 78 F-150 4x4 short bed with small block 400. It is in decent shape, but I want to work and return it to it's glory. When restored, they are such awesome trucks....I hope to be able to pick your minds as I know I will have questions along the way...
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top