Oil Erupting From Dipstick Tube (Yikes)

brentusbrutus

New Member
Just got my Oil Changed at a quick-lube place. I went Ice fishing Yesterday and noticed oil dripping on the ice. When I checked, it seemed to be coming from Dipstick tube.
Today drove it in to work, came home from work at Lunch, and It erupted again through my tube. What gives.?
I was hoping that the fellas at the quick lubeput in too much oil.. My Dipstick, is kinda broken off at the end, so I'm not getting true readings. I bought oil today, and am gloing to do my own oil change , and put in the proper amount of oil for my 302..

Any suggestions appreciated.

Brent
 
While overfull is a possibility, PCV was my first thought, too. R&R the PCV filter and PCV valve - may as well, it's only a few bucks

Then, buy a new dipstick
 
I was out in my garage last night, -26C (fer all you guys with farenheight thermometers, that is awfully cold), and pulled out my PVC Valve, gave it a shake, blew through it, and replaced it. It wasn't plugged. I didn't get around to changing my oil yet. That will be my next step.
I will keep y'all appraised.
 
When this happened to my 302 I found the gasket was blown out on the intake manifold in the center (two bolts side by side). This area of the manifold allows exhaust to run through the intake under the carb to keep it warm. When the gasket blew out it allowed the exhaust to enter the motor creating too much positive crank case pressure and it would blow oil out the dip stick tube. Its a 1/2 day project to know if thats the problem so check the oil level first. You can always add an additional breather type oil cap like the PVC valve one to let some pressure out until you find the problem.
 
i don't kow about your rig but I changed the oil in a truck and put in 10w 30 when i started it after ward it had some serious blow by and blew oil out the breather,dipstick,anywhere it could.
seems that the fella i bought it from liked to keep her quiet with 50 weight.so I put in a bottle of lucas and drove it till it died.
the baffle in the valve cover under the pcv valve could be plugged also.are you getting vac to the pcv valve?
 
Hello there..
thanks for your response. Funny thing is, i just had the lube guys put in 10W30. Hmmmm.
I do have vacuum at the PCV Valve as well..
What is that Lucas Stuff you are talking about? And how long did your Engine work before it died?

Brent
 
probably about 2 years with a light foot,they sell it at idiotzone it's an oil additive good stuff too.
wanna check for blow by?after it's warm take off the oil fill cap is smoke coming out?oil in air filter?yup you got blow by.
it's cause by the ring's losing their seal on the cylinder walls,just plain ole worn out usaully.
sorry to be the messenger if it's true.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top