OEM vs Aftermarket body panels?

ltar

New Member
Need to replace left bed side on 76 F150 LWB. Are the OEM panels worth the extra cost? Which aftermarket panels if any are best? :unsure:
Thank You for all replies.
Mark in Texas
 
well I think it all depends how good you are at straightening out body panels. I have some freinds that work in a body shop and they only use aftermarket sheetmetel, just because of the fact that the old stuff from the salvage yards usually have atleast a couple dings or deep groves in them that take forever to hammer out, but they get paid by the hour, so if you have the time and the knowledge I'd say eighter way is good

ltar said:
Need to replace left bed side on 76 F150 LWB. Are the OEM panels worth the extra cost? Which aftermarket panels if any are best? :unsure:
Thank You for all replies.
Mark in Texas
[snapback]16552[/snapback]​
 
jake_262 said:
well I think it all depends how good you are at straightening out body panels. I have some freinds that work in a body shop and they only use aftermarket sheetmetel, just because of the fact that the old stuff from the salvage yards usually have atleast a couple dings or deep groves in them that take forever to hammer out, but they get paid by the hour, so if you have the time and the knowledge I'd say eighter way is good
[snapback]16558[/snapback]​
if you want it to look good,custom paint and stuff...get OEM,or fiberglass.if you need just for a daily use and 4wheeling,get aftermarket.or if you got some money to spend,some companies can make you from 1/4 in. panels,bending,welding,painting... some locking compartments and all,but it'll live forever!check some out there or i can tell you a couple in NY
 
hey man...
www.dennis-carpenter.com is the best place to get old ford parts. most of the parts they sell are either NOS or made from the original ford tooling. however body panels for the bed that he sells are primarily aftermarket, he sells all the components for the bed. so if need be you could build a whole new bed. hope it helps ya out.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top