Np435

69Bronco94

New Member
I have the stock three speed in my 69 bronco, and im looking to put a NP 435 in it. What do i need to look for when getting the NP435, cuz i found a few but the rear splines going into the transfer case are different. I have a Dana 20 transfer case. Is there an adapter that i need or whats the deal? Do i need a 435 from a 4 wheel drive truck or can it be from a 2 wheel drive one as well? What all would i need to get for the swap and whats the easiest way to do it? Could a use the same bell houseing from my 3 speed?
 

Attachments

  • 69_Bronco_002_smaller_ver..JPG
    69_Bronco_002_smaller_ver..JPG
    2.8 KB · Views: 0
There are lots of kits out there, and I did this a couple years ago. I bought the whole deal from Tom's in Medford, Or. Clutch, adapter, new spud shaft, tunnel cover & boot, and rebuilt 435 for about $1,300 I think. Get your parts from the same place, though, as (theoretically) all parts will go together. The kit required no new bracketry, or modification to driveshafts.
 
Sweet, i have a pretty good idea on what all i need now thanks for your help. Whats one of the cheaper places to get the adapter to the dana 20, I'm on a real limited budget (meaning that i dont make to much so it takes a while to save up money for my bigger purchases), but a really want to get a 435 trans. I'm 19 with school and a part time job.
 
for a "cheap" purchase, watch e-bay, they come up once in a while.
You will find that almost all vendors will be within a couple of dollars of each other.
 
Ok cool. i have another question. I have the three speed right now, now why wouldnt the housing i have (off the back of my three speed) work?
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top