Noise Proofing

Slomar

New Member
p :P

Ok... so my ride is loud as all get out. 76 high boy with 33s. I just got the exhaust redone, and that helped out a ton! The engine is still really loud though. Has anyone looked into Dynamat, or B-Quiet?

I saw some installs on B-Quiet on their website, and I'm interested. They're expensive though. Anybody know some cheap tricks? Blankets in the doors? Tar on the floor plan bottom?
 
Just an update, I looked at the sound deadening portion of www.partsexpress.com and got some good ideas on cheap tricks. They have quiet kote which is a dampener (keeps the metal from vibrating) and they had a foam from 3M. 3M also makes a rust undercote that provides the same damepening for 5 bucks less. I picked up some of that from www.autobarn.com. I plan on doing the floorpan and the firewall on the outsides. I also read an article to get the most out of the foam. It turns out that I can put the foam on the firewall and then sandwich aluminum foil between coats of foam. I'll let you guys know how it turns out.
 
I once tried putting fiberglass on the floorboards, a behind the seats up to the windsheild, and up as far as I could on the firewall. It was allot of work, not sure if it was worth it, but it did make the truck feel less echoie, plus I didn't worry about washing the old truck out with a water hose anymore. I think that your idea is a bit better though


Slomar said:
Just an update, I looked at the sound deadening portion of www.partsexpress.com and got some good ideas on cheap tricks. They have quiet kote which is a dampener (keeps the metal from vibrating) and they had a foam from 3M. 3M also makes a rust undercote that provides the same damepening for 5 bucks less. I picked up some of that from www.autobarn.com. I plan on doing the floorpan and the firewall on the outsides. I also read an article to get the most out of the foam. It turns out that I can put the foam on the firewall and then sandwich aluminum foil between coats of foam. I'll let you guys know how it turns out.
[snapback]16499[/snapback]​
 
I know what you mean about the fiberglass. They sent some matting when I ordered new vinyl for my floor pan. I was amazed that I could actually tell the difference. Go to www.b-quiet.com to get a pretty good education on what the other stuff can do. Its neat to see how some vehicle oem is all over, and some just have a tiny square here and there. I'd love to hear some sound tests to get the feel though. My sprays are comming in in two days. I'll report back then.
 
it'll be interesting to know what noise deadining the foam will have

Slomar said:
I know what you mean about the fiberglass. They sent some matting when I ordered new vinyl for my floor pan. I was amazed that I could actually tell the difference. Go to www.b-quiet.com to get a pretty good education on what the other stuff can do. Its neat to see how some vehicle oem is all over, and some just have a tiny square here and there. I'd love to hear some sound tests to get the feel though. My sprays are comming in in two days. I'll report back then.
[snapback]16510[/snapback]​
 
Oh boy, just got the "foam" in last night. I hate the internet. The stuff is called "FastFoam", but the picture doesn't show that its just an adhesive to stick the foam to, not an actual foam itself. I'm still waiting on the deadening. Now I've got to pay shipping again for nothing.
 
iused some por15 rust proofer and torch down modified roofing on my floor boards and firewall.it's a 1/4 thick and will go around anything with a bit of heat to melt it.
had some left over from a job so I'm out about $2 for the propane i used.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top