No Power To Fuel Pump

JBronco

New Member
I have an 88 Bronco and it left me sitting a week ago and I figured out that it was a problem with fuel pump right away because when i went to try to start it I couldnt hear the fuel pump winning like usual. So i had it towed home and started troubleshooting i hooked a battery to both fuel pumps and they both worked i checked all my fuses they were all good just when i turn the key to run pos the pump doent come on and no fuel gets to engine i am completly stumped I did change a relay that at the time i though was the fuel relay but im not sure now i changed the relay that mounts to the inside of the fender on the drivers side but there are 2 other relays on the top of fender that look the same im not positive what relay is actually the fuel pump relay byt i did change the one mounted to inside of fender any help would be great thats for listening
 
I just bought an 89 bronco and found a corroded wire on the connector for the fuel pump relay. The wire was so corroded that it actually broke off when I pulled the relay out of the connector, which is how I found the problem. I suspect the previous owner had an intermittent fuel pump failure problem that he couldn't find, since I found this sort of by accident. If the wire hadn't broken off, and I fixed it at that time, I probably would have been left stranded with a mystery problem. Check the wire connections on the back side of the connector for the relay. If it's corroded, it should be easy to see.
 
Have you checked the inertia switch. It is there to turn off the fuel pump in the case of an accident. However, they tend to go bad. It is the little black box under the dash area that has a little white button sticking out of it. I believe on your truck it is on the driver side, but in some it is on the passenger side.

Good luck,

:)>-
 
I did check the inertia switch and the button was pressed and i released it re pushed it and didnt help. Can anyone tell me wich relay is for the fuel pump like a what number is on the relay i have some bused up looking relays but im not sure wich one is for the fuel pump
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top