No Gas To The Carb

  • Thread starter Thread starter JimOrangeCrush
  • Start date Start date
J

JimOrangeCrush

Guest
:( Ok I bought this very clean 68 bronco about 3 weeks ago and as I drove it home which was over 300 plus miles away it died on me 2 times while going off the interstate. So we looked at it and figured no Gas or something both tanks has lots of gas but no fuel to the carb. My fuel pump is the very old type that has the vacuum exchange for the wipers on top of the pump. Finding a replacement pump has been a challenge. So we bought a new pump for a 70 bronco 302 mine is a 289 with 67 K original miles on it. I think my grandma owned it as the mileage is very low for a 68. Anyways we put the new pump on and tried for some time to get it started it will run when I dump gas into the carb but if I start. We popped the fuel lines and we had a trickle of gas. My guess is that I have a clog in the line due to it sitting in someones barn for most of the year or longer or the switch under the drivers seat is bad and has been going out for some time. I need help or advice please.
 
I had this problem. I bet its the fuel selector switch under the drivers seat, mine broke internally and wouldn't allow fuel to get thru. Get under the truck and re-route the fuel line so you by pass the fuel selector switch all together. This fixed it for me until I got another switch. Try sucking on the end of the gas line :wacko: see if you feel a clog.

If its the fuel pump, you can pull the gas line IN off the pump and stick your finger on the end and have someone turn the key. See if your finger gets sucked to the pump. If it does the pump is working.
Now get an air hose and disconnect the fuel line and blow the gas lines backwards back into the tank. See if it starts, it will take some time and alot of pumping of the gas peddal now because of no gas in the line. When I pulled my tank, I found all kinds of sticks, sand, a little kids toy and other dirt particles. Its easy to pull each tank just to see how they look inside, just use a jack if there is alot of gas in them.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top