newly lifted 78 leaning to passenger side

tichy

New Member
I just put a new rough country 4'' lift in my 1978 ford. It's leaning to the passenger side about 1 to 2 in. I don't know what is wrong with it, it wasn't leaning before when it was stock. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks
 
yes i did. it was really hard to get the passenger side coil in because the axle keep pulling up to the frame so i needed a couple buddies to push the axle down to get the coil in.
 
Assuming you have an adjustable rod, you may have to take off the end of the rod at the frame and see if the truck sets back level and readjust. If you installed a bracket, it could be mounted too high on frame causing rod to be too short and causing the axle to pull towards drivers side making passenger side appear to be leaning. That's where I would look first because thats typically the problem with leaning.
 
i still needed my friends to push down on the axle to get the traction rod in. the kit came with a drop bracket. my friends are saying i need a front end alignment but im not sure.
 
I could be wrong, but I don't think the alignment is going to help the lean, but the alignment needs to be done anyway. Did the kit come with dropped pitman arm?
 
As much as nobody wants to hear it, Get a new lift kit. My rough country 4 inch fell apart in less than 1000 miles. Professionally installed, Just a junk lift kit. Cost me 2k in repairs too.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top